Configure the Control Room
Before you start creating workflows for bot deployment and workload management (WLM) using Control Room APIs, ensure you complete specific prerequisites and steps in the Control Room.
- One or more Bot Creator and unattended Bot Runner licenses.
- Control Room admin credentials to view, create, and configure users, roles, and device pools.
- The Create device pools feature permission or the AAE_Pool Admin role must be assigned to you.
Follow these steps to configure your Control Room with users, roles, and bots.
- Log in to the Control Room as an admin.
Create a Control Room user.
Ensure that the user is assigned the AAE_BASIC role.
Create a custom role to map the users you created to Bot Runners
and Bot folders.
- In the Features tab, ensure you select these permissions: View my Scheduled Bots, Schedule my bots to run, Run my Bots, View my Bots, and Generate my API Key.
- In the Automation tab, expand the Bots folder and select the root folder or subfolders you want to provide access for use. Ensure you select these permissions: Run and schedule and View content.
- In the Run as tab, select one or more Bot Runners from the list of Available bot runners.
- In the Users tab, select the new user created in Step 1 to assign the custom role to this new user.
Create a new device pool.
In the Consumers tab, ensure you select the custom role you created in Step 3.
Log in to the Control Room as a Bot Creator and
create bots to automate routine business tasks.
Ensure you check in the bots in the Bot folder or folders selected when creating the custom role (Step 3). Check in a bot