Users with the Manage package permission can upload and manage packages.Automation Anywhere provides you with the flexibility to decide which packages you want to make available to the Bot Creators for creating bots.
Users must have the appropriate administrative permission to view or manage action packages.
- View packages
- A user with View packages permission can view the
packages that are available to Bot Creators. Go to the page to view All packages.
The All packages page lists all the packages in the Control Room that are available for Bot Creators. Packages can have multiple versions.
- Manage packages
A user with the Manage packages permission can add new packages to the Control Room and manage which packages versions are available in the Control Room.
- Add packages from the .
- Manage packages from the
- Set as default
- Select a package and set is as the default. As soon as a package is set to default, it is the package that all Bot Creators in the Control Room use.
- Disable a package so that users cannot use it to create new bots. Bots that were created using a disabled package continue to work.
- Deleting a package removes the actions contained in the package from
the Control Room for all users.Important: A package cannot be deleted if it is being used by a bot.
- Existing bots might be affected when existing packages are updated or disabled.
- It is recommended that Bot Creators update bots to use the latest version of a package.
Updates to packages by Automation Anywhere are available in each release of Automation 360. The latest updated package can be set to the default package by users and administrators with Manage package permission.
Watch the following video on how to update a package in Automation 360: