Configure additional IP address for a new cluster node
After installing the Control Room in the cluster node, if you add new nodes in the cluster, you have to configure additional static IP addresses for all the nodes in the property file on each node in the cluster.
This task is performed by the Control Room administrator. You must have the necessary rights and permissions to complete this task.
- Ensure that you have a maintenance window, which requires complete downtime for
- All the user devices will be disconnected.
- No schedules will run during maintenance.
- Bot agent and Automation Anywhere Control Room will not be accessible.
- Complete the Control Room installation on any new node.
Perform the following steps on each node in the cluster:
Stop the following Automation Anywhere services on the Control Room node:
- Automation Anywhere Control Room Reverse Proxy
- Automation Anywhere Control Room Caching
- Automation Anywhere Control Room Service
- Automation Anywhere Elastic Search Service
- Automation Anywhere Bot Insight Elastic Search
- Automation Anywhere Control Room IQ Bot Service
- Automation Anywhere Control Room Robotic Interface Service
- Automation Anywhere Control Room Discovery Bot Service
Locate the cluster.properties file in your Control Room directory.
For example, the default location is: C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Enterprise\config\If the file does not exist in your Control Room directory, create the file.
Add the following properties and configure the primary IP addresses as a static
IP address for all the cluster nodes (including existing cluster nodes) in the
ignite.discovery.mode=static ignite.discovery.static.ips=<primary ip addresses>For example:
If the nodes have multiple IP addresses, also add the following property and
configure a specific primary IP address on each node in the
ignite.local.static.ip=<primary ip address>For example:
- Save the cluster.properties file.
Modify the elasticsearch.yml file for the new IP
Locate the elasticsearch.yml file in the Control Room directory.
For example, the default location is: C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Enterprise\elasticsearch\config\elasticsearch.yml
Update elastcissearch.yml with the new IP address
using the following property:
- Save the elasticsearch.yml file.
- Locate the elasticsearch.yml file in the Control Room directory.
Start all the services that were stopped in Step 1 on each Control Room node.
Note: Wait for an interval of 40 seconds before starting the next service.