Manage and allocate licenses (partners)
Automation Anywhere partners can manage and process Licenses and Cloud services.
Partners can manage their and their customers entitlements from the portal. Partners access the Licenses and Cloud portal in the following ways:
- Purchases Automation Anywhere licenses for their own use.
- Participates in a customer purchases Automation Anywhere licenses through the partner.
- Partner draws down from their own license entitlements and allocates some portion of the entitlements to a customer.
Use the Select an Account to switch entitlements via the drop-down list. Partners can view license entitlements, configure licenses (file-based licensing), view Control Room GUIDs (cloud-based licensing), and view and manage provision ready cloud services (Control Room, IQ Bot server).
For information, see Managing Cloud and file licenses.
Assigning a customer and entitlements
To draw down on entitlements and assign to a customer, perform the following tasks.
- Log in to the A-People portal: A-People home page (login required).
Click the Licenses and Cloud Services tab, and navigate
to the Partner Draw downs tab.
An empty page is displayed when you log in for the first time. After a few requests have been processed, this page displays a list of draw-downs that you have processed.
- To start a new draw-down process, click New.
From the New Partner Draw Down Request page, select an
order from the drop-down list.
You can draw down from only one order at a time.
Enter the required information in the following fields:
- Assign to customer account: Customer account name
- Customer website: URL to the customer's website
- Customer name: Name of your customer contact
- Customer email: Email address of the customer contact
- After entering the customer information, generate a partner draw down request (PDR) by specifying a number for each of the products available.
Click Save to generate a new PDR.
The PDR is in submitted state.
First, generate the PDR, an email notification is sent to your accounts team for approval.
Once the PDR is validated and approved (or rejected), the partner who requested for the PDR will receive an email notification. The PDR requesting partner has to then navigate back to the portal to take appropriate action.
After approval, click Accept.
After acceptance, the license entitlements from the PDR are transferred from the partner to the customer. If the PDR is rejected, you can see the reason for rejection.Note: If for any reason the draw down is no longer required, the partner can cancel the request at this point.
- Clone the PDR if required, make the necessary changes and resubmit the PDR.
The Licenses and Cloud portal provides the partners with an automated way to process draw downs for their customers.