Create a demo bot with the demo package
Create a bot using the demo package to verify the actions that were created.
Here are the minimum prerequisites for building this demo bot:
- Access to a Control Room
- User credentials with AAE_Basic permission
- Your local host (workstation) is a registered device in the Control Room
- Ensure that the demo package A2019DemoPackageFirstnameLastname is available in the Control Room
On the left pane, click Automation.
A list of available bots and forms is displayed.
- Click the My Task Bot icon.
- Type MyDemoBot1 in the Name field.
- Click Create & Edit.
- Expand A2019DemoPackageFirstnameLastname and double Uppercase.
- Type hello world, go be great! in all lower case letters.
- Create the variable vMyDemoVar1.
- Click Apply.
- Add a Message box and insert the variable vMyDemoVar1 in the Enter the message to display field.
- Click Apply and Save.
Click the Run icon.
A message box with "HELLO WORLD, GO BE GREAT!" in all upper case letters is displayed. The custom action Uppercase converted all the letters from lower case letters to upper case letters.
The task, Change the Java file used to create the package JAR file, gives instruction on how to modify the Uppercase action to convert all upper case letters to lower case letters.