Delete mapping in the Designer
Delete mapping of field labels and field values, selecting the X delete symbol next to the mapped label or value.
The following use cases explain the delete field labels and value mapping options in the Designer.
- Delete a field label and its mapped value:
- Select a field label in the middle panel and click the X delete symbol of the bound box in the document view to delete both, label and value mapping . The label and the value from the middle panel gets deleted as well. The mapping check mark in the left and middle panels turns from green to gray indicating incomplete mapping.
- Delete field value:
- Select the field value and click the X delete symbol of the mapped box in the document view, to delete the mapped value. The value from the middle panel gets deleted as well. The check mark in the left and middle panels turns from green to gray indicating incomplete mapping.
- Delete auto mapped value fields:
- The X delete symbol of the mapped box in document view is not visible till user resizes or manually maps it.
- For a form field, when a user deletes a resized or manually mapped box around a the field value, IQ Bot repopulates the original auto mapped value.
- For a table/section field, that same behavior does not apply, as a user has the option to map a table/section field name but not a field value, and vice versa.
- Delete a field label/value with or without auto mapped value:
- Select a field label/value with or without auto mapped value. The field label bound box displays in the document with an X delete symbol allowing users to delete the label.
- Delete field label mapping with validation pattern:
- In spite of deleting a field label, the validation pattern that was assigned to the field remains in place.
- Delete option ('X') when bounded box reaches space limit:
- If the label/field value bounded box in the document view covers a bigger area, extending to the edge of or beyond the document view, the 'X' delete symbol appears in the nearest corner of the box.
Note: The field value box in the middle panel is disabled and users cannot enter text manually.