Office 365 Excel package
The Office 365 Excel package contains actions that enable you to automate tasks in the online version of Microsoft Excel.
Choosing the Excel package in Automation 360
Automation 360 includes packages to support three types of Microsoft Excel usage. For optimal results, use the package that corresponds to the type of Excel that is available on the device you are running bots on.
- No Excel installed: If you do not have Microsoft Excel installed on the device on which you are running bots to automate Excel-related processes, use the Excel basic package.
- Desktop Excel installed: If you have a desktop version of Microsoft Excel installed on your computer, use the Excel advanced package in your bots.
- Online Office 365 Excel only: If you are using Microsoft Excel 365 on a web browser, use the Office 365 Excel package for automating tasks related to Excel.
Before you start
- Use the Connect
action to establish a connection to the Office 365 server. See Using the Connect action.Note: Office 365 packages do not currently support Multi-Factor Authentication or Single Sign-on.
- Use the Open action to select a workbook, or the Create action to create a new workbook. See Workbook operations.
- Optional: If the workbook contains more than one worksheet, use the Activate sheet action to specify which worksheet to use.
- Use a combination of actions available in this
package to automate tasks.Note: To use actions from other Office 365 packages, establish a connection using the Connect action from that package.
- Use the Close action to exit from the workbook.
- Use the Disconnect action to terminate the connection.
Actions in the Office 365 Excel packageThe actions in the Office 365 Excel package enable you to perform the following operations:
|Cell||Perform operations related to cell and range operations, such as
append, delete, format, get properties, and insert.
See Cell operations
|Row and column||Perform operations related to column and row operations such as autofit, delete, and read.|
|Table||Perform operations related to the table operations such as create, delete, filter, get properties, rename, and sort. See Table operations.|
|Workbook||Automate opening, closing, and creating a workbook.
See Workbook operations.
|Worksheet||Perform operations related to worksheet operations, such as
activate, delete, find, get worksheet names, hide, retrieve
worksheet count, and show.
See Worksheet operations.