Using the Recorder on Citrix Virtual Apps servers
The Record: Capture cloning action requires specific configurations to capture objects from applications available through the Citrix StoreFront on a remote Citrix Virtual Apps server. Ensure the required components are installed on the local machine and the remote Citrix Virtual Apps server.
Complete the steps listed in the following tasks:
- Installing the Citrix required components on local machines
- Installing Automation Anywhere remote agent on Citrix servers
If you are using Google Chrome for automation, ensure the Automation Anywhere extension (version 188.8.131.52) for Automation Anywhere remote agent for Citrix is installed and enabled.
Create bots with applications running on a remote Citrix Virtual Apps server using the Automation Anywhere remote agent for Citrix.
Log in to the Citrix Virtual Apps server StoreFront.
Note: You can also use the Citrix Workspace app. All major releases of the Citrix Workspace app version .22 are certified.
Run the Automation Anywhere remote agent for Citrix: Select .
AARemoteAgent is the Citrix name for the Automation Anywhere remote agent for Citrix.
- Run the target application from the Citrix StoreFront.
- Log in to your registered local machine with the Bot Agent and Citrix Receiver installed.
- Log in to the Control Room from your registered local machine.
- Create a new bot or edit an existing bot.
Select the auto login feature to log in to a Citrix environment when it is
locked or logged off.
Note: To ensure the auto login works, always log off the Citrix Receiver associated with the Citrix Virtual Apps server before you disconnect.
- Start the Recorder.
From the Automation Anywhere Record Application
selection window, select the target application from the drop-down list in the
Window or URL field, and click Start
Note: The remote application has
\\Remotelabel at the end of the application name.
- When the steps to record are completed, click End recording.