Prepare for installation on Amazon Web Services
Use these steps to prepare the Amazon Web Services (AWS) instances for the Control Room installation.
Do the following:
- Create AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Instances for the Control Room Servers.
- If you use RDS, create Relational Database Service (RDS) Instances for the SQL Server Enterprise 2014 Database server.
- Configure the AWS Load Balancer.
Set up the on Amazon Web
Services Elastic Compute Cloud (AWS EC2) or
Relational Database Service (RDS).
AAE supports both. For a comparison of the two, see Microsoft SQL Server on AWS.
Test the database connection with the Microsoft SQL Server.
Install Microsoft SQL Management Studio on one of the AWS EC2 instances inside the Virtual
Private Cloud (VPC).
For more information, see Download SQL Server Management Studio.
Connect to the Microsoft SQL Server.
For configuration information, see Working with SQL Servers.
(Skip this step if the master database user installs the Control Room). Create the following empty database and
db_ownerprivileges to the master database user for the Automation360-Database.
- Install Microsoft SQL Management Studio on one of the AWS EC2 instances inside the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
Set up the shared repository.
- Create an AWS EC2 instance as a Windows File Server with an additional volume of 100 GB.
- Join the Active Directory domain.
Create a folder and set up the permissions for the repository.
Assign the Control Room admin full access to this folder.Attention: Only the Control Room admin is to have full access to this folder because this is the account from which all Control Room services run.
Launch three AWS instances, one for each Control Room server.
Establish three AWS instances, each with
the following configuration:
- Type: c5.2xlarge or similar instance type (8 CPU, 16 GB RAM)
- Storage: Root Device: 100 GB
- Storage: Additional Device: D:\ 200 GB (For Automation Anywhere Install files)
- Accidental Deletion Prevention: Enabled
- Access the three instances through Remote Desktop Protocol.
- Add the instances to the Active Directory domain.
- For each instance, add the Control Room system admin as a local administrator on the computer and reboot the system.
- Establish three AWS instances, each with the following configuration:
- Configure the firewall and port.
Set up the AWS Application Load Balancer.
- Disable the stickiness attribute.
- Set the idle time-out to 120 seconds.
- Upload the SSL certificate to the Load Balancer.