IQ Bot prerequisite steps
Complete the steps before you begin installing IQ Bot.
User needs to have either the SYSADMIN role or the following privileges
for SQL database account as this is used during installation to create database
and run the BULK INSERT statement.
Note: Installation with Microsoft Azure SQL requires the dbmanager role.Note: Installation with AWS RDS requires a role with the above three privileges. These privileges are already assigned to the db_owner role in RDS.
Grant permissions for a specific database user and see the permissions for that role using the following TSQL query:
SELECT * FROM fn_my_permissions(NULL, 'SERVER').
First enable HTTPS, to configure IQ Bot with HTTPS. Keep the
following HTTPS certificate files ready for use:
Attention: Install the .crt certificates for Control Room manually to their appropriate certificate stores.Note: See Configuring IQ Bot with HTTP when Control Room is configured with HTTPS for more information.
- Control Room certificate in .crt format (Certificate Authority list bundle).
- Control Room certificate in .crt format (Server side public certificate).
- IQ Bot server certificate in .pfx and .crt format.
Keep the following ports open because they are used by IQ Bot
See Ports and services.
- Application access port (configurable): 3000
- Database access port (configurable): 1433
- Internal application services ports (fixed): 8100, 9002, 9991, 9992, 9995, 9996, 9997, 9998, 9999
- Inbound listening ports:
- 47100-47200 on IQ Bot server for IQ Bot-Control Room communication.
- 47100-47200 and 47500-47600 on Control Room server.
- Port: 5672
- Port: 5673
- If your SQL Server version is older than SQL Server Native Client 2012, a dialog box appears, giving you the option to upgrade. Open services.msc and stop the SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) to do the upgrade. Then continue with the installation process.
- During the upgrade process, the installer will detect existing learning instances from a previous version of IQ Bot. To retain the original classifier for those learning instances, select that earlier version of IQ Bot from the drop-down list. This ensures consistency in the behavior of the learning instances with that earlier version.
IQ Bot installer is case sensitive about the user account
created for SQL Server or Windows.
Attention: Use the username as it appears on the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio under . If it was created in upper case, then use upper case for the username to launch the installer. Additionally, verify if the collation database property is set to case sensitive.