Add Control Room certificate to Java Credential Store
Manually add or update the Control Room certificate to the Java Credential Store to ensure that the Bot agent is registered successfully and works as intended. Perform this task if the Java Credential Store does not accept the certificate and you see a certificate path validation error.
You must reinstall the certificates in the Java Credential Store if the Bot agent is updated.
To download the certificate using Google Chrome, perform these
- Open the Control Room instance used to access the Bot agent.
- Press the function key F12 to open the developer window.
Navigate to the Security tab and click View certificate option.
The Certificate window appears.
In the Details tab, click Copy to file
The Certificate export wizard appears. You can export and save the certificate in the required .CER format from this window.
- Click Next and select the Base-64 encoded X.509 (.CER) option.
- Export and save the file to a location of your choice.
To import the certificate, perform these steps:
- Open the command window.
- Enter MMC to launch the console window.
- Select the Add/Remove Snap-in option from the File menu.
- Double-click Certificates option and then select Computer account in the Certificates snap-in window.
- Click Next and select the Local Computer option in the Select Computer window.
- Click Finish to return to the console window.
Now add the certificates to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities and
Trusted Publishers folders.
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities to open the certification import wizard.
- Right-click the Certificates option.
Select Import option from the All Tasks menu.
The Certificate Import Wizard is launched.
- Select Next and browse to the folder where you saved the certificate.
- Click Next and select the option to place all certificates in a store.
Click Next and Finish to import the certificates.
The certificate is imported successfully.
- Click OK to return to the console window.
Repeat the above steps to import certificates in the Trusted Publishers
The console window now shows the certificates imported for current user.
- Restart the Bot agent device to validate that the device is registered successfully.