Using GetBarCodes action
Use the GetBarCodes action in the IQ Bot Pre-processor package to detect and extract all available barcodes from a document.
- Drag the action into your workflow.
- Select the input file from Control Room file, Desktop file or Variable.
- Optional: If you selected Control Room file or Desktop file, click Browse to change the default filepath.
Use the List of dictionaries with 7 keys drop-down menu
to select the output format for the extracted strings.
If the document has multiple barcodes, multiple dictionaries are used as each dictionary corresponds to a single barcode. Each dictionary has the following seven keys that relate to the various attributes of the barcode in a document:
- Page number of the document where a barcode is available
- Type of the barcode
- Value of the barcode
- X coordinate of the barcode
- Y coordinate of the barcode.
- Width of the barcode
- Height of the barcode
When the bot runs successfully, the extracted barcodes are assigned to the output variable.