Bot Scanner overview
The Bot Scanner analyzes bots (TaskBots and MetaBots) created in your Enterprise 10 or Enterprise 11 Control Room. The scanner generates a report summarizing the number of bots, commands, and variables that are ready for migration and those not yet supported for migration, and provides a recommendation on whether you are ready for migration.
You can also use the Bot Scanner to scan and identify bots that use Internet Explorer that can be converted to a supported browser. For more information, see Scanning bots that use Internet Explorer.
Considerations for using Bot Scanner
- Ensure that you are on the supported Enterprise 10 or Enterprise 11 Control Room version for migration before you scan your bots.
- You do not have to install Automation 360 to run the Bot Scanner, but access to your Enterprise 10 or Enterprise 11 repository is a requirement.
- You must run the Bot Scanner before performing any migration steps.
How Bot Scanner works
The Bot Scanner reads the contents of your Enterprise 10 or Enterprise 11 and provides a summary report for your analysis. The scanner provides a recommendation on whether or not to migrate now and an estimated time of availability (ETA) on when unsupported commands will be supported in Automation 360.
The bots (.atmx and .mbot files) are scanned at the location you specify and the summary report provides the following information:
- The number of bots scanned
- The number of bots that can and cannot be migrated to Automation 360
- The commands and variables that are used in the scanned bots and supported in Automation 360
- The commands that are migrated to Automation 360 with some modifications that have to be reviewed
Bot Scanner reports
The Bot Scanner generates the following reports to help you decide whether you should start the migration.
- Proceed with migration
- This recommendation is provided when 95% or more than 95% of your bots can be migrated. As the majority of your bots are ready for migration, you are eligible for migration. You might have to perform some work before or after migration to migrate some of the remaining bots.
- Wait to migrate
- This recommendation is provided when less than 95% of your bots can be migrated. In this case, you must run the latest version of the Bot Scanner available with next release of Automation 360, to assess your eligibility for migration.
Sharing Bot Scanner report to improve experience
You can help improve the experience of migration to Automation 360 by sharing the reports generated by the Bot Scanner. These reports help our engineering team focus on supporting the components that are more frequently used by our customers.
Scanning bots that use Internet Explorer
You can use Bot Scanner to scan Internet Explorer bots that have to be converted to a supported browser.
To help convert bots that use Internet Explorer, Bot Scanner scans all bots and identifies those that use Internet Explorer so that you do not have to identify them manually. The Bot Scanner then generates a report that provides details on the number of bots that can be converted and the number of bots that cannot be converted, along with review messages.