Migrate earlier IQ Bot versions to Automation 360 IQ Bot On-Premises
Migrate from an earlier IQ Bot version (from Enterprise 6.x through 11.x) to Automation 360 IQ Bot (On-Premises) for the latest features and enhancements.
- If you are currently using any of the earlier versions of Automation Anywhere Enterprise (10.x or 11.x), ensure you migrate to the latest Automation 360 version.
- Ensure the Automation 360 version corresponds to the Automation 360 IQ Bot that you are installing.
- Migrate to the latest Automation 360 IQ Bot On-Premises from IQ Bot Version 11.3.4 or later versions. If you are currently using any of the earlier IQ Bot versions (5.3.x), you must first perform these tasks:
- Back up your existing IQ Bot databases.In the earlier IQ Bot versions, five databases were created. With Automation 360 IQ Bot On-Premises Build 2545, a single unified database is created.
- Ensure you back up all five databases:
- Uninstall any earlier IQ Bot versions.
Uninstalling an existing IQ Bot build does not delete the databases.
- Ensure you back up all five databases:
Install Database Migration Assistant.
Note: After migration to Automation 360 IQ Bot completes, output files processed in IQ Bot 11x will not be available for download through the IQ Bot package in the Control Room.
- Log into Automation Anywhere support site and download the Database Migration Assistant:
- Double-click the file to start the installation.
- Click Next to continue, accept the license agreement, and click Next.
- In the Database Configuration screen, enter
your existing IQ Bot database host name and
credentials, and click Next.Note: The SQL Server Browser service must be running if you want to use the full name of the SQL Server as the host name.
- Click Browse to change the default installation folder for the Database Migration Assistant.
- Click Install.
After a successful installation, a new database called IQBot is created. You can use the following path to review the log files:
- Back up the newly created unified database before installing the latest Automation 360 IQ Bot build.
- Log into Automation Anywhere support site to download the latest Automation 360 IQ Bot build:
Extract (unzip) the
folder and run the following .bat files:
These files remove the registry entries of RabbitMQ, Erlang/OTP relevant IQ Bot Python. No other Python versions are affected.
- Restart your machine.
number) folder and run the following files again:
This removes any empty folders from RabbitMQ, Erlang, and Python.
- Install the Automation 360 IQ Bot build.
During installation, specify the same host name where the IQBot database
Automation 360 IQ Bot automatically connects to the IQBot database that was created by the Database Migration Assistant before migrating the data.
- When the installation completes, unregister IQ Bot Enterprise 11.
- Clear the browser cache.
- Optional: Restart the Cognitive Console service if IQ Bot fails to load.
Register IQ Bot A360.x with the Control Room.
x refers to the latest version of Automation 360 IQ Bot.
- If the login page is not displayed after registering IQ Bot A360.x, restart the Control Room services (Control Room and Control Room Reverse proxy).
- If none of the domains or dashboards are displayed when you log in
to Automation 360 IQ Bot after a successful migration, perform
the following steps:
- Press the F12 key and click the
Network tab to view the APIs.
If the APIs are unauthorized or display an error message, restart the IQ Bot service.
- If the bots are not displayed in the learning instances, clear the browser cache.
- Press the F12 key and click the Network tab to view the APIs.
After the data is migrated, ensure you modify the name of the output
The output .csv file in Automation 360 IQ Bot contains additional characters. If you are using the download command, use the following instructions to edit the output .csv filename:
- Remove the brackets [ ].
- Replace the underscore (_) character with a hyphen (–).
- Replace spaces with underscore (_).
For example, if the output .csv filename is [sales-7d6 961f3d28]_Invoice.tiff, rename it as sales-7d6_961f3d28-Invoice.tiff.