Create a learning instance by using standard forms
Learning instance created using standard forms can be used to extract content from documents with fixed-format type that typically have few or no variations in the layout. For example, law firms can have numerous clients, but the structure and layout of a mortgage form remains identical.
- On the My learning instances page, click New instance.
- In the tab, enter a name for the new learning instance.
- From the Document type drop-down menu select Standard Forms.
- In the Standard form settings tab, from the Provider name drop-down menu, select a provider for processing the form.
From the Configuration type drop-down menu, select the
This enables you to connect to one of the provider services configured during installation.
- From the Select Model drop-down menu, select a pre-trained model for the selected configuration.
Click Browse to upload a reference document.
For example, if you have selected the configuration type and model as invoice, you can upload an invoice file that must be analyzed.Note: The reference document is only a representation of the document type you want to extract data from.
From the Fields to extract tab, select the fields from
where the values must be extracted.
The fields are displayed based on the selected Form set in the pre-trained model, and no additional fields can be added.
Click Create instance and analyze.
The system analyzes and sorts the document into logical group.Note: Only one default group is created. The system-identified region (SIR) are not visible and all the training related fields are greyed out. You can only add validation patterns and custom logic.
In the Fields tab, select a field and click
The Field options enables you to customize the Validate Pattern options. You cannot edit the fields for a standard forms learning instance and must create a new learning instance to change the fields.
- Click Save and close.
Select one of following options:
A new learning instance is created.
- Save- to save the learning instance on Staging and enable you to enhance the data extraction accuracy by training sample documents.
- Save and send to Production- to save the learning instance and move it to Production if no further training is required.