Choose deployment model
The Automation 360 platform is developed on a cloud-native architecture with a single codebase that supports both Cloud and On-Premises deployments. The experience of all the components is the same whether the platform is deployed on Cloud or On-Premises on your own infrastructure, which can be physical servers, your private Cloud, or a public Cloud.
Deployment modelsAutomation 360 provides the following deployment models:
- Automation 360 Cloud is a SaaS offering hosted by Automation Anywhere, providing an easy consumption model of the Automation 360 platform built on a cloud-native architecture. With the Automation 360 Cloud service, the Automation 360 platform, which includes the Automation 360 Control Room and applications (RPA Workspace, IQ Bot, Bot Insight, AARI, and Discovery Bot), is hosted by Automation Anywhere and accessed by users through a web browser. The Bot agent devices where the bots run and execute the automations remain on the customer's infrastructure and securely connect to the Automation 360 Cloud service through HTTPS.
- Offers a SaaS experience while data is hosted On-Premises with lower total cost of ownership (TCO). This deployment model is suitable for customers who have to adhere to strict regulatory norms where data sovereignty is mandatory.
- On-Premises with updates through Cloud
- With Automation Anywhere On-Premises with updates through Cloud service, all business, personal, and operational data is kept on and deployed from the server on-premises on the customer network.
The following image shows the deployment models for Automation 360:
See also Cloud operational responsibilities.
- Irrespective of the deployment model you choose, we recommend that you set up your first Automation 360 instance as a development (Dev) environment.
- We recommend that you have three separate environments for Bot Lifecycle Management: development (Dev), testing (Test or UAT), and production (Prod).
- Setting up a Dev environment during the migration process provides two advantages:
- A platform to test the migrated Enterprise 11 or Enterprise 10 bots to ensure that they run successfully and provides expected outcomes.
- Access for your developers to the new Automation 360 environment to build new automation simultaneously when migrated bots are being tested.
Getting ready for Cloud
- Bot agent compatibility requirements: Bot agent must be installed on registered devices so users can build and run bots on them.