Prepare for Enterprise 11 to Automation 360 On-Premises migration
Perform the tasks in this workflow to migrate from Enterprise 11 to Automation 360 On-Premises, including migration of your bots to Automation 360. Dashboards created in Bot Insight for Enterprise 11 analytics bots are also migrated.
- Ensure that you have completed the following tasks to check your readiness for migration
- Ensure you have procured and activated your migration license.
- If you are installing Automation 360 on a machine on
which Enterprise 11 was previously installed, you must
delete the data from the Elasticsearch data folder located at
C:/ProgramData/elasticsearch/data.If the location of the Elasticsearch data folder was changed, you can find the updated information in the C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Enterprise\elasticsearch\config\elasticsearch.yml file.Important: If you delete the Elasticsearch data, you will lose the Enterprise 11 audit data.
We recommend that you create a backup of the Enterprise 11
database and restore it in the same or different SQL instance to avoid
failure of any automation task that is using the Enterprise 11 database.
Bot Insight migration: The Bot Insight data and dashboards are migrated as part of the overall migration process. For the migration, clone your Bot Insight database (which is different from your Enterprise 11 Control Room database) and extract and export your dashboard metadata to Automation 360 using the Bot Insight pre-migration utility.
- If you are migrating from Version 11.3.5 or later versions, delete data from the ES_SETTINGS table from the Enterprise 11 Control Room database.
- Copy and paste the Enterprise 11 Control Room repository and update access URL and repository path.
- Ensure that all the credential variables used in the Enterprise 11 bots are available in the Enterprise 11 Control Room.
Install Automation 360 On-Premises:
- Ensure you meet the system requirements.
Install Automation 360
Control Room in custom mode to a staging
Installing Control Room using Custom modeImportant: During the installation, configure the Automation 360 On-Premises Control Room to use the restored Enterprise 11 database.
Migrate audit log data.
To learn more, search for the Migrating from enterprise 11 to Automation 360 On-Premises course in Automation Anywhere University: RPA Training and Certification (A-People login required).