Prepare for Enterprise 11 to Automation 360 On-Premises migration
Perform the tasks in this workflow to migrate from Enterprise 11 to Automation 360 On-Premises, including migration of your bots to Automation 360. Dashboards created in Bot Insight for Enterprise 11 analytics bots are also migrated.
- Ensure that you have completed the following tasks to check your readiness for migration
- Ensure you have procured and activated your migration license.
- If you are installing Automation 360 on a machine on
which Enterprise 11 was previously installed, you must
delete the data from the Elasticsearch data folder located at
C:/ProgramData/elasticsearch/data.If the location of the Elasticsearch data folder was changed, you can find the updated information in the C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Enterprise\elasticsearch\config\elasticsearch.yml file.Important: If you delete the Elasticsearch data, you will lose the Enterprise 11 audit data.
We recommend that you create a backup of the Enterprise 11
database and restore it in the same or different SQL instance to avoid
failure of any automation task that is using the Enterprise 11 database.
Bot Insight migration: The Bot Insight data and dashboards are migrated as part of the overall migration process. For the migration, clone your Bot Insight database (which is different from your Enterprise 11 Control Room database) and extract and export your dashboard metadata to Automation 360 using the Bot Insight pre-migration utility.
- If you are migrating from Version 11.3.x or later versions, delete data from the ES_SETTINGS table from the Enterprise 11 Control Room database.
- Copy and paste the Enterprise 11 Control Room repository and update the Enterprise 11 database with the Automation 360 repository path.
- Ensure that all the credential variables used in the Enterprise 11 bots are available in the Enterprise 11 Control Room.
Install Automation 360 On-Premises:
- Ensure you meet the system requirements.
Install Automation 360
Control Room in custom mode to a staging
Installing Control Room using Custom modeImportant: During the installation, configure the Automation 360 On-Premises Control Room to use the restored Enterprise 11 database. This ensures that all your Enterprise 11 data is available in Automation 360 as is. For information on what is migrated and not migrated, see What is migrated and not migrated.
After installing the Automation 360
On-Premises, update Automation 360 access URL
in the restored Enterprise 11
Control Room database. This access URL will be
used to access the Control Room in Automation 360.
To update the access URL: update CONFIGURATION set value = '[Automation 360 Control Room URL]' where category = 'CR_setup_general' and config_key = 'AccessUrl'Example query: update [Automation 360-Database].[dbo].[CONFIGURATION] set value ='http://Automation 360-crurl.com' where config_key='AccessUrl'Note: Do not include a slash ('/') at the end of the access URL that you provide in the above command.
- Verify that all the data you pasted is available in the relevant files and folders.
Migrate audit log data.
To learn more, search for the Migrating from enterprise 11 to Automation 360 On-Premises course in Automation Anywhere University: RPA Training and Certification (A-People login required).