Export Enterprise 11 Bot Insight dashboards for migration
Use the Bot Insight pre-migration utility to export your Enterprise 11 Bot Insight dashboard metadata (widgets and layouts) and dashboard profile as a zip file. Run this utility in your Enterprise 11 device and paste the zip file in the Automation 360 repository to migrate the Bot Insight dashboards.
- Back up the Bot Insight database after you have backed up the
Control Room database and restore it in the SQL Server instance. Ensure the following when
you restore the Bot Insight database:
- Use the same username and password of the Control Room database used in Automation 360.
- The name of the Bot Insight database that you are restoring in Automation 360 environment is the same as the Enterprise 11 Bot Insight backed up database.
- Ensure that JRE is installed in the Enterprise 11 device.
Download the latest version of the Bot Insight pre-migration
utility from the Automation Anywhere Support site.
Important: You must download the utility on the device on which the Enterprise 11 Control Room is installed.
- Navigate to the Automation Anywhere Downloads page: A-People Downloads page (Login required).
- Click the Automation Anywhere Enterprise A2019 link.
- Download the AAE_Export_BI_Dashboards_< version_number> file, for example, AAE_Export_BI_Dashboards_A2019.17.jar.
Run the utility in the Enterprise 11 device.
Note: You can also use double backslash (\\) to run the JAR file.
- Open the Windows command prompt.
Run the following command to export the Bot Insight
dashboards to a zip file: java -jar
For example: java -jar "Downloads/AAE_Export_BI_Dashboards_A2019.17.jar " -installationPath "C:/Program Files/Automation Anywhere/Enterprise" -outputDir "E:/AA/work/release/A2019/migration/dashboard"The utility generates the dashboards.zip file at the output directory you specified.
Create the bot-insight folder at the Automation 360 installation location.
For example, C:\Program Data\Automation Anywhere\Server Files\bot-insight
In this path, C:\Program Data\Automation Anywhere\Server Files is a dynamic path, which can be any location based on your requirement. The folder structure following the dynamic path (\bot-insight) is a constant path that does not change.
- Copy the dashboards.zip file available at the output location and paste in the Server Files\bot-insight folder.