Prepare for Enterprise 11 to Automation 360 Cloud migration
Perform the tasks in this workflow to migrate from Enterprise 11 to Automation 360 Cloud, including migrating your bots.
- Ensure that you have completed the following tasks to check your readiness for migration
- Ensure you have procured and activated your migration license.
For information about managing and processing licenses and Cloud services , see Manage and allocate licenses (partners).
- Migration is performed to a new Cloud Control Room, which will be provisioned during the migration. You cannot reuse an existing Cloud Control Room for the migration.
- Logs and Bot Insight dashboard data are excluded from the upload to the new Cloud Control Room.
- Migrating data from standard Microsoft SQL database deployments is supported. See Supported Control Room versions for migration.
- If Enterprise 11 is configured to use Active Directory or single sign-on (SSO), the authentication
type for all migrated users in Automation 360
Cloud is changed to database. The password for all the
migrated users is set to null except for the principal administrator.
Login credentials for the principal administrator is shared through email. The principal administrator can change the authentication type for users to SSO before migrating bots.
- Recommended: Create a backup of your data that is not migrated to Automation 360 Cloud such as audit logs and system logs before you decommission your Enterprise 11 instances.
For IQ Bot migration, see Migrate from Automation 360 IQ Bot On-Premises to Cloud.
- Ensure that all the credential variables used in the Enterprise 11 bots are available in the Enterprise 11 Control Room.
- Download and install the Cloud Migration Utility.
- Use the utility to upload Enterprise 11 data to Automation Anywhere Cloud.