Prerequisites for Cloud migration
After you have installed the Cloud migration utility, you must perform certain tasks before you start uploading data to Automation 360.
- Cloud Migration Utility
- Install the Cloud Migration Utility.
- If the migration utility is not installed on the device on which the Enterprise 11 Control Room is installed, provide access to the Enterprise 11 repository, Control Room database, and the Control Room installation path.
- Migration code: Ensure you have received an email that contains a
migration code. Contact your sales representative to receive the code.
The migration code is valid for one Control Room only. If you have multiple Control Room instances, you will receive an equivalent number of migration codes. Ensure that you use the correct migration code for the migration of a specific Control Room.Important: The migration code you receive through email is valid for 30 days from the date it is generated and shared with you. So start the migration before the code expires. Otherwise, you will have to request a new code, which might take a significant amount of time.
- Port, firewall, internet connection
- The port that is used to connect to the Enterprise 11 Control Room database must be open and available for the utility.
- The firewall must be configured to allow the utility to connect to the
following for outbound HTTPS traffic over the port 443:
- Ensure a stable internet connection with sufficient bandwidth to upload the data within 60 minutes. If the upload time exceeds 60 minutes, the Cloud Migration Utility will timeout and you need to start the upload process again.
- Enterprise 11
- We recommend that you plan for some downtime for the Enterprise 11
Control Room or stop all user activities when you use
the migration utility.
The downtime is required to ensure that no data is missed when the Cloud Migration Utility is packaging Enterprise 11 data for upload. If downtime is not possible, ensure no user activities are performed on the Enterprise 11 Control Room for the time period when the Cloud Migration Utility is uploading data.
- Ensure that the size of the Enterprise 11 repository is less than 20 GB and the Enterprise 11
database is less than 9 GB.
If the size of the Enterprise 11 repository or database is more than these sizes, contact Automation Anywhere support for assistance.
- Ensure that the credentials you have used to connect with the Enterprise 11 database has db_owner permission.
- Ensure that the Enterprise 11 repository and database you specify in the Cloud Migration Utility belong to the same Enterprise 11 Control Room.
- We recommend that you plan for some downtime for the Enterprise 11 Control Room or stop all user activities when you use the migration utility.
- Log files: Grant access to the C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere folder for the migration utility to store the log files.
- Credential Vault: Ensure that the Credential Vault mode is set to express mode.
- This mode ensures that the credentials and variables available within the Enterprise 11 Credential Vault are migrated to the Cloud Control Room.
- If the Credential Vault mode is set to manual mode in Enterprise 11, the credentials and variables in the Enterprise 11 Credential Vault are not migrated to the Cloud Control Room.
You can change the mode back to manual after the Control Room data is migrated. See Configure Credential Vault Connection mode.
- SSO: If you want to integrate SSO after migrating to Automation 360 Cloud, ensure that the IDs of users in the Enterprise 11 Control Room exactly match the IDs in the SSO database. SSO integration will fail for IDs that do not match.