Edit an AARI bot
This task shows you how to edit a bot to set parameters as well as to manage team members.
- Log in to the web interface.
- Navigate to .
Click on an available bot.
This opens the Edit Bot page in the General tab.
- Specify a name in the Bot display name field.
Reference the file name in the Bot file name field
Note: The field is grayed out and cannot be modified as this field is to help you reference the name of this bot file.
Reference the URI in the Uri field
Note: The field is grayed out and cannot be modified as this field is to help you reference the URI of this bot.
- Optional: Enter a description for your bot.
Optional:Select the Run this bot in virtual
window check box.
This option enables the Picture-in-Picture (PIP) feature in Microsoft Windows. This feature enables attended users to run bots in AARI Assistant on a virtual desktop window, while they continue to work on other applications. For more information on AARI Assistant, see About AARI Assistant.Important: Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows Server 12, or any of the later versions are required for virtual window. Here are some of the existing limitations of using the PIP feature:
- Another instance of your current browser cannot be used on Windows
Desktop and the virtual window at the same time.
For example, if you are using an instance of Google Chrome on your Windows Desktop, the same cannot be used in the virtual window. In order to use Google Chrome in the virtual window, ensure you close this browser on your Desktop.
- When a virtual window is initiated, you might be logged out of your connected Global Protect software. However, the TaskBot will continue to run in the virtual window.
- Applications that allow single log in are restricted to the corresponding main or virtual windows.
- After a bot starts, it runs in the virtual window and is completely independent of the main instance.
- Another instance of your current browser cannot be used on Windows Desktop and the virtual window at the same time.
Optional: Select Delete bot to delete this bot.
CAUTION: This option will permanently delete your bot.
Click on the Teams tab.
This page allows you to manage your team members.
Click the Add (+) button.
This Add Teams page appears.
- Select an available team.
Click Add & save to confirm your choice.
A team has now been assigned to this bot.
- Optional: Select a team and click Delete (recycle) button to remove a team.
- Optional: Select the search bar and filter by Team, Description, and Request visibility from Private or Shared.
Your settings are saved automatically.