Create an AARI team and assign team roles to members
An AARI manager is a team admin who can create new teams, add members to their team, and assign new team roles. AARI admin can also configure a team but does not have a team role.
Ensure you have completed the following:
- Provided a system-created AAE_Robotic_Interface Manager role for the AARI manager.
- Provided a system-created AAE_Robotic_Interface Admin role for the AARI admin.
- Have access to the web interface.
- Log in to the web interface as an AARI manager or admin.
.The Team Setup page enables the AARI manager or admin to view all of their teams and provides the option to create a new team.
Click Create new team.
A Create new team window prompts for the AARI manager or admin to enter the team details.
- Enter a team name in the Team Name field.
- Optional: Enter a description in the Description field.
Select either the Shared or
Private option in the Request
If the Shared option is selected, then all requests that are created is accessible to members of the team. If the Private option is selected, requests will be available only to the member who created that request and the owners and admins of the team.
Click the + (plus) icon to add members to the
The Add members to window appears to search for members to add.
- Search for a name in the search bar.
- Click on their name to confirm the member.
Members are now successfully added to the team.
- Optional: To remove a team member, click the trash icon next to the member name.
Navigate to Roles next to each member names.
Each member's team role is set to Member by default.
- Click Member to change the team role when applicable.
Select Member, Owner or
Admin to designate the team role.
Important: A team must have at least one Admin as a member. Only the AARI manager can be assigned the Admin team role, as the roles are based on the Control Room roles assigned to the user. A team however can be comprised of many admins if necessary.
- Click Save.
To edit an existing team, click the team's name in Team
column within Team Setup page.
The AARI manager or admin can edit a team to update their team setup or click Delete to erase the team entirely.