Create an AARI team and assign team roles to members
An AARI manager is a team admin who can create new teams, add members to their team, and assign new team roles. AARI admin can also configure a team but does not have a team role.
Ensure you have completed the following:
- Provided a system-created AAE_Robotic_Interface Manager role for the AARI manager.
- Provided a system-created AAE_Robotic_Interface Admin role for the AARI admin.
- Have access to the web interface.
- Log in to the web interface as an AARI manager or admin.
.The Team page enables the AARI manager or admin to view all of their teams and provides the option to create a new team.
Click Create new team.
A Create new team window prompts for the AARI manager or admin to enter the team details.
- Enter a team name in the Team Name field.
- Optional: Enter a description in the Description field.
- Select a user from the drop-down in the Team admin field.
In the Request Visibility field in the
General tab, select Shared or
If you select the Shared option, then all the requests that are created are accessible to members of the team. If you select the Private option, then a request will be available only to the member who created that request and the owners and admins of the team.
Add members to the team by choosing one of the following options:
Option Steps Users
- Click the + (plus) icon. The Add members window appears. Use it to search for members to add.
- Search by using name, email, username, or role in the search bar.
- Select the member from the displayed list.
- Click Add & save. Members are now successfully added to the team.
Optional: To remove a team member, select the member and click the trash icon.
- Navigate to Roles next to each member name. Each member's team role is set to Member, by default.
- Click Member to change the team role when applicable.
- Select Member,
Admin to designate the team
role.Important: A team must have at least one Admin as a member. Only the AARI manager can be assigned the Admin team role because the roles are based on theControl Room roles assigned to the user. A team, however, can have more than one admin.
- Click the + (plus) icon. The Add roles window appears. Use it to search for roles to add.
- Search for a role in the search bar.
- Select the role from the displayed list.
- Click Add & save. Roles are now successfully added to the team.
Optional: To remove a role, select the role and click the trash icon.
- Optional: Click the Processes or Bots tabs respectively to view the assigned processes or bots.
- Click Close.
To edit an existing team, click the team's name in Team
column within Team Setup page.
The AARI manager or admin can edit a team to update their team setup or click Delete to erase the team entirely.