Installing Control Room using Custom mode
Log in to the server as an administrator and install Automation Anywhere Control Room in Custom mode to select installation and configuration options, including installing non-default requirements. Select this mode for a data center deployment.
- Prepare for installation
- Verify Automation 360 On-Premises prerequisites.
- Ensure that you have the following:
- Automation Anywhere Control Room installation file
- TLS certificate
- License file
Run Control Room installer
Run the installer to verify the operating system and hardware requirements, select the deployment option, accept the licensing agreement, and select the installation file path.
- Select the
database type that you want to use
- Microsoft SQL Server
Use the External key vault integration page to configure a connection to an external key vault such as CyberArk, HashiCorp, or AWS Secrets Manager, that is optionally used for retrieving credentials for either installation or runtime purposes. Configuring the key vault connection enables retrieval options for credentials during installation. Ensure that you have the follow information:
- All necessary database and user credentials.
- Any necessary credential requirements for the external key vault such as secret keys, vault URL, application IDs, server certificate. See the specific requirements for your external key vault on the External Key Vault integration configure page.
Configure application Transport Layer Security
Use the Transport Layer Security (TLS) configuration page to generate a self-signed certificate or import a security certificate to set up a highly secure Control Room instance.
Configure service credentials
Use the Service Credentials page to specify the account that will be used to run all Windows services that are created by the installer.
- Configure database type and server
Add Elasticsearch credentials
Add Elasticsearch credentials for enhanced monitoring and alerting in the Control Room.
Configure IP cluster
Use the Cluster Configuration page to configure resiliency requirements. Provide only one IP address to configure the Control Room on a single node. Provide multiple (three or more) IP addresses to configure the Control Room for high availability cluster.
Review the installation
Use the Ready to Install the Program page to complete the installation wizard and monitor the installation progress.
- Complete Control Room configuration and validation
- Complete Control Room post-installation configuration
- After installing the Control Room, complete the configuration settings to ensure timely Automation Anywhere communications are specified and confirm Automation Anywhere services are running.
- Post-installation user management
- After completing the post-installation tasks, validate the setup by logging in to the Control Room and installing a license. First-time access to the Control Room walks you through the configuration for your authentication method.
Prepare for users
As an administrator, you can create, view, edit, delete, and enable or disable a user. Creating users steps vary depending on whether the user is a non-Active Directory, Active Directory, or single sign-on (SSO) user from an IdP server.