Team management is an essential function of AARI in the web interface. The basis of request and process assignment is dependent on the team setup.
The team configurable in AARI helps business managers to define the following aspects:
- How a request can be created
- How a request is visible to the other users
- Who can read, update, or delete requests
A team contains users with specific team roles—admin, owner, and member. The admin has the ability to modify their team. By default, the AARI manager is the admin of their team. They can create new teams, manage existing teams, assign team roles (admin, owner, member) to members, and add members to their team. As an admin, an AARI manager can add other admins to their teams. A team can have more than one admin but must have at least one admin. To access a process and create new requests, the AARI manager must request the AARI admin to assign the AARI manager's team to a process.
An AARI admin can also simultaneously add multiple users with similar roles (custom role) to the AARI team. The custom role in the Control Room is aligned with a team in AARI on the web, and the behavior of the enhanced team setup is as follows:
- The users added with the custom role are assigned a Member role within the team. This role cannot be changed to Owner or Admin.
- You cannot view these users added with the custom role in the Users tab of the page.
- If a user is added through the custom role and also added manually to the team, their role in the team will be the same as the role assigned to them manually. For example, if the user is a Member, they will continue to have the Member role whereas if the user is an Owner, they will be assigned the Owner role in the team.
- If the user is no longer part of a custom role, the user will also not be a part of the team.
For example, create a custom role (aari_role_finance) in the Control Room and add the required users (aari_user1, aari_user2, aari_mngr1) to this role. You can now add this custom role, aari_role_finance, to a team in AARI on the web, and the users associated with this role are automatically added to the team. The team role of the users (aari_user1, aari_user2, aari_mngr1) is Member. The team role of these users cannot be changed from Member to either Admin or Owner. If aari_user2 is added as a part of aari_role_finance and also added manually through the Users tab and the role is Owner, then the team role of this user is retained as Owner.
Each team is configured to a team type (shared or private) and depending on that type, requests that can be viewed and accessed by members of that team might change.
- Shared: All the requests can be viewed by admins, owners, and members of that team.
- Private: Requests can be viewed only by the users creating those requests and the owner and admin of the team.
The team roles are based on the Control Room role assigned to the user. Each team role has a subset of permissions and actions that can be performed by that role. These sets of permissions vary between the shared and private team types.