Using Citrix XenDesktop on Cloud
Install the Bot agent on a Citrix XenDesktop virtual machine to create or run bots using applications that reside on that Citrix XenDesktop virtual machine.
Antes de empezar
Ensure the required components are installed on the local Bot agent machine and the remote Citrix server. The required components are:
- On the local machine
- Citrix Receiver: Install this on every machine you use to connect to a Citrix server.Nota: Citrix Workspace app is also supported.
- On the Citrix XenDesktop
- Bot agent: Install this on the Citrix XenDesktop virtual desktop.
Log in to the Control Room and launch the recorder. This triggers the Bot agent installer.
The Citrix XenDesktop is a virtual machine sitting on a remote Citrix server. It contains the applications to be used for the bots.
The following figure shows the process flow when the Bot agent is installed on a Citrix XenDesktop with the applications on the virtual desktop.
The Bot agent can be installed on multiple platforms, which includes a Citrix XenDesktop virtual machine. Ensure the virtual desktop meets the requirements for any Bot agent installation.
Create bots with Citrix XenDesktop.
Prepare for bot activities.
- Install the Citrix Receiver on your local machine.
- Install the Bot agent on Citrix XenDesktop.
- From your local machine with Citrix Receiver installed, log in and open .
Select the Citrix XenDesktop virtual desktop with the Bot agent.
The whole Citrix XenDesktop is presented as a local virtual desktop on your local machine. This is automatic when you start the Citrix XenDesktop.
- From the virtual desktop, launch the Enterprise Client that is installed on the Citrix XenDesktop, or launch a browser and log in to the Control Room.
- From your Control Room, create the bot.