Using the Connect action for Google packages
Use the Connect action to establish a connection with the Google server in order to use other actions from that same package to automate tasks. All of the fields in this action accept a credential from the Credential Vault, variable, or a user-input value.
- If you have not already done so, create a project.
- Enable the APIs for the Google G Suite applications you want to automate, such as the Google Drive API, Google Calendar API, and Google Sheets API.
- Do the steps in Setting up OAuth 2.0 to generate
the Client ID and Secret.Nota:
- Select the Web application option.
- Add this authorized redirect URI:
- Do these steps to set up user consent for the username that you will use to connect to the Automation Anywhere Enterprise.
- In the Actions palette, double-click or drag the Connect action from the package you want to use.
- In the Username field, you can provide a valid username or select the credential or credential variable that contains your Google username. To enter a value, click Insecure string.
- If you are configuring the Connect action for the Google Calendar or Google Sheets package, enter a session name.
- In the Client Id field, select the credential or credential variable that contains the client ID. To enter a value, click Insecure string.
In the Redirect URI field, enter
http://localhost:8888/CallbackNota: For the Google Sheets package, the Redirect URI attribute is not supported. Enter the fixed redirect URL directly in Google Cloud Platform:
- In the Client secret field, select the credential or credential variable that contains the access token. To enter a value, click Insecure string.
For Google Sheets, you can specify the wait time (in
minutes) in the Wait for action to complete (In minutes)
field when performing actions such as Get,
Set, or Delete. By default,
the wait time is 10 minutes.
If the Google sheet does not open within the time you specify, the task proceeds to execute the next set of actions.Nota: When you use Connect action to connect to the Google server, the option Wait for action to complete (In minutes) is only supported in Google Sheets package.
- Clique em Salvar.
The first time the bot runs, the Google login window will appear. You must select the Google account and approve the requested access permissions.
Use other the actions from the same Google package to automate tasks. To use actions from another Google packages, establish a connection using the Connect action from that package.