Naming guidelines for Control Room URLs
When configuring your domain and subdomain Control Room URLs, you must follow the Domain Name System (DNS) guidelines. These guidelines are applicable to both On-Premises and Cloud deployments.
By following these DNS guidelines, you can successfully register your Bot agent with the Control Room. According to RFC 952, RFC 1035, and RFC 1123, the following guidelines apply when creating domain and subdomain name URLs:
- The host name can be up to 63 characters in length.
- The host name can contain the following characters: uppercase (A–Z), lowercase (a–z), numerals (0–9), and hyphen (-).
- The host name should not start or end with a hyphen (-).
- The host name should not consist of all numeric values.
- The URL domain and subdomain names should not contain the underscore character
(_).Nota: Instead of an underscore (_), use a hyphen (-) in URL domain and subdomain names.