Prepare for IQ Bot migration
Perform these tasks before you migrate to Automation 360 IQ Bot (On-Premises) from an earlier IQ Bot version (from Enterprise 6.x through 11.x).
- If you are currently using any of the earlier versions of Automation Anywhere Enterprise (10.x or 11.x), ensure you migrate to the latest Automation 360 version.
- Ensure the Automation 360 version corresponds to the Automation 360 IQ Bot that you are installing.
Migrate to the latest Automation 360 IQ Bot
On-Premises from IQ Bot
Version 11.3.4 or later versions. If you are currently using
any of the earlier IQ Bot versions (5.3.x), you must first
perform these tasks:
- Update to IQ Bot Version 6.5.
- Update IQ Bot Version 6.5 to IQ Bot Version 11.3.4 before migrating to Automation 360 IQ Bot On-Premises.
Back up your existing IQ Bot databases.
In the earlier IQ Bot versions, five databases were created. With Automation 360 IQ Bot On-Premises Build 2545, a single unified database is created.
Ensure you back up all five databases:
Uninstall any earlier IQ Bot versions.
Uninstalling an existing IQ Bot build does not delete the databases.
- Ensure you back up all five databases:
Install Database Migration Assistant.
Remarque : After migration to Automation 360 IQ Bot completes, output files processed in IQ Bot 11x will not be available for download through the IQ Bot package in the Control Room.
- Log into Automation Anywhere support site and download the Database Migration Assistant:
- Double-click the file to start the installation.
- Click Next to continue, accept the license agreement, and click Next.
In the Database Configuration screen, enter your
existing IQ Bot database host name and credentials, and
Remarque : The SQL Server Browser service must be running if you want to use the full name of the SQL Server as the host name.
- (Optional) Click Browse to change the default installation folder for the Database Migration Assistant.
After a successful installation, a new database called IQBot is created. You can use the following path to review the log files: