Enterprise Client installation
Review the installation core tasks and topics for installing Enterprise Client on any machine running a supported operating system.
The Enterprise Client provides the interface for Bot Creator and Bot Runner. It is installed on any device running the supported operating
system. The installer executable,
Automation_Anywhere_Enterprise_Client_<version>.exe, is included
Setup folder download.
Enterprise Client installation core tasks
- Step 1: Pre-installation
- Review and verify the requirements and options before installing Enterprise Client.
- Enterprise Client prerequisites
- Verify the machine and configuration you are using to install the Enterprise Client.
- Citrix integration
- Automation Anywhere Enterprise integration with Citrix enables creating bots that run tasks on remote Citrix Virtual Apps servers. Integration with Citrix also enables installing Enterprise Client on Citrix XenDesktop virtual machines and creating bots that run tasks on those Citrix XenDesktop virtual machines.
- Enterprise Client install wizard checklist
- Prepare your responses for the list of the fields and options presented when you are running the Enterprise Client installer wizard.
- Users management
- As a Cloud user with administrator permissions, you can create, view, edit, delete, and enable or disable a user. Creating users steps vary depending on whether the user is a non-Active Directory, Active Directory, or single sign-on (SSO) user from an IdP server.
- Step 2: Installation
- Installing the Enterprise Client
- Complete the listed steps to install the Enterprise Client on your machine.
- Silent installation response file
- You can perform a silent Enterprise Client installation, also known as unattended installation. It requires a response file, Setup.iss, that is created by recording a first time installation. Silent installation runs the entire installation process in the background, on subsequent machines, without requiring user interaction or displaying messages.
- Installing dual Enterprise Clients
- Automation Anywhere Version 11.3 or greater can be installed on the same machine as, (in parallel with) Enterprise Client Version 10.x. This is called dual Enterprise Clients.
- Step 3: Post-installation
- Configuring post installation settings
- After you finish installing the Control Room and Enterprise Client, ensure the following items are configured. These configuration settings ensure timely Automation Anywhere communications.
- Verifying Automation Anywhere Windows services
- Automation Anywhere specific Windows services are installed when the Control Room is deployed.
- Configuring Access Manager Reverse Proxy
- Configure an Access Manager Reverse Proxy server, such as IBM WebSEAL, to enable secure communication, using mutual authentication between the Enterprise Client and the Control Room
- Step 4: Validation
- Logging in to Enterprise Client
- Logging into your Enterprise Client, requires that you have a login to an Control Room.