Insert Keystrokes command
Use this command to automate the typing of keystrokes in English, German, French, Italian, or Spanish characters.
- Select Window drop-down list
- Select the title of the application in which you want to type keystrokes.
- If the window is running but does not appear in the list, click Refresh
- Applications that you have already referenced in the Task Bot / MetaBot Logic are listed at the top of the drop-down list. Applications that are currently open are listed below the dotted line.
- For applications that change titles:
- If the name of the application window title changes over time, insert a wild card character (*) at the start or end of the window title. This ensures that the application is consistently found when running the Logic.
- For example, to ensure the Microsoft Excel application is always found, use 'Microsoft Excel*' or '*Excel' or '*Excel*'.
- Keystrokes text box
- Type or Copy-Paste the text.
- To insert special keystrokes such as Control, Shift, or Tab, select the button below Special Keystrokes.
- For example, if you want the Task Bot / MetaBot
Logic to type
Ctrl + Cin an application, click Ctrl Down, type
C, then click Ctrl Up. The Keystrokes window displays: [CTRL DOWN]c[CTRL UP].
- Keystroke Encryption check box
- Select the check box to prevent your Task Bot / MetaBot Logics from being altered by unauthorized users. This option hides sensitive information or passwords that are typed using the Keystrokes command
- Add a delay
- The default delay is 0 (Zero) milliseconds.