Modifying a User
This command enables you to modify or rename users in the Active Directory.
Double-click or drag the Active Directory - Modify User command
to the Task Actions List pane.
The Active Directory main window is displayed.
Select one of the options in the Select User Action
- Rename User: Use the check boxes in the Enter Modify User Details to rename the user logon name or the user account name.
- Enable User Account: Enables a user account.
- Disable User Account: Disables a user account. Select the User Name or Logon Name to disable either one, in the Enter Modify User Details section.
- Delete User: Deletes the user from the Active Directory. Select the User Name or Logon Name to delete either one, in the Enter Modify User Details section.
- Update User Details: Use this option to update the user's details.
- Update Account Options: Use this option to set
account attributes for the user. Select from four attributes:
- User must change password at next login
- Is Active
- User cannot change password
- Password never expires
- Change Password: Use this option to change a user's password.
- Set Property: Use this option to assign a value to a user property , view the current details and update them.
Enter the User Name.
Tip: If unsure of the User Name to be modified, click Browse in 'Enter LDAP Path' section. You will be guided to the Active Directory Object Browser; select a user from the list to perform any of the above User Actions.