Prerequisites for using Object Cloning
Before you use the Object Cloning command, there are certain configurations you need to set for optimal results.
- Ensure that the application or website from which you want to capture objects is open.
- Configure the appropriate ActiveX filter and security zone settings in Microsoft Internet Explorer, and ensure that you install the latest Automation Anywhere plugin. Note: We recommend you to set the security level to either Medium-high or Medium.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer, set the Zoom value to 100%.
- To capture Java-based applications, ensure that you install the Java plugins. See Install plug-ins. Ensure that you enable the Java Access Bridge from the Control Panel of your local system in order to capture objects in third-party interfaces.
- Ensure that you register the oleacc.dll file in the
If you do not register the oleacc.dll file, you will not be able to capture objects from standard window applications, web browsers, or third-party interfaces through plug-ins.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
The Object Cloning command works best with Internet Explorer.
You cannot record an automation task in a browser and run that task in another browser. For example, if you have recorded an automation task in Google Chrome, you cannot run that task in Microsoft Edge.
Disable the Auto-hide the taskbar function from the taskbar settings of the browser, so that you can capture objects residing in the taskbar successfully.