Build your first bot using Object Cloning command
You can use the Object Cloning command to enter user credentials and sign in to a web page using Google Chrome.
Ensure that you are familiar with the Build your first bot using Web Recorder task. You must understand how to use the Web Recorder to follow the process in this procedure.
- Log in to the Enterprise Client.
- Click New.
- In the Automate window, click Workbench.
- From the Commands tab, select and drag the Open Program/File command to the Actions List.
In the Open Program/File window, perform these
The first command appears in the Actions List.
Step 1: Program/File Path: Browse and select the
Google Chrome executable file. Find the file location on your machine,
which can be: C:\Program Files
(x86)\Google\Chrome\Application. In the
Application folder, select
chrome.exeand click Open.
- Step 2: 'Start in Path': You can skip this step.
- Step 3: Parameters: Enter the URL for the Automation Anywhere Getting Started Tutorials - Login page: https://www.automationanywhere.com/automationanywherelabs/login.html
- Click Save to close the command.
- Step 1: Program/File Path: Browse and select the Google Chrome executable file. Find the file location on your machine, which can be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application. In the Application folder, select
Save your bot as
By default, the bot is saved in the My Tasks directory.
- Click Run to test it.
- From the Commands tab, select and drag the Object Cloning command to the Actions List.
- In the Object Cloning window, select Automation Anywhere Labs - Login - Google Chrome. Verify that the target browser session is open in its own window.
- With the Object Cloning window open, click and hold the Capture button. While still holding the left mouse button, highlight the Email Address field until a red border blinks around it. Now release the button.
- In the Select Action to Perform drop-down list, select Text to Set and enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Save.
Repeat steps 8 through 10 for the password field. In the Text to
Set field, enter Automation123.
The password field is case sensitive.
- Repeat steps 8 though 10 for the Sign In page. On the Sign In page, place the cursor over the Sign In button until the red border starts blinking around it. Release the mouse button.
- In the Select Action to Perform field, select the Left Click.
- Click Save.
- Click Run.