Manage bot dependencies
As a Bot Creator, you can manage TaskBot dependent files. You can ship all dependent files, for example, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, CSV, MDB, PKX, ATMX, EXE, PDF, TXT, JPG, PNG, BMP, and XML with the TaskBot.
These are automatically uploaded to the Control Room and deployed when running the TaskBot.
Manage bot-dependent files
You can use the Bot Dependencies option from the Workbench to manage the dependent files. Here, you can Add, Copy, Copy All, Paste, and Delete files from the My Tasks, My Docs, and My Scripts folders.
To reference (include) the file in that specific task, use the System Variable $AAApplicationPath$.
The dependent files can be added only if they reside in the My Tasks, My Docs, and My Scripts folders. If you choose any other source, the following error message appears as:
Dependency not added. Bot Dependencies can only be added from My Task, My Docs and My Scripts folders (located at the application path) or their sub-folders.
Add a dependent file
To add a dependent file to your bot from the Bot Dependencies panel, do the following:
- Click Add.
- Select the required files from the My Tasks, My Docs, or My Scripts folders and subfolders.
- Click Open.
The dependent files are added and listed under Bot Dependencies.
Copy or Copy All dependent files and Paste
To copy or copy all files from your bot to another bot from the Bot Dependencies panel, do the following:
- Select the required file or files listed under Bot Dependencies.
- Click Copy or Copy All.
- Create or open the bot where you want to copy the dependent files.
- Click Paste.
The dependent files are copied and listed under Bot Dependencies.
One or more dependencies not copied as they already exist in this Bot
Delete a file
To delete a dependent file in your bot from the Bot Dependencies panel, do the following:
- Select the file.
- Click Delete and confirm that the file is removed from the list of dependent files.
Reference dependent file in bot
To reference (include) the file in the bot, do the following:
- Drag and drop the required command in the task Actions List.
- Select the dependent file.Note: If the task will be uploaded for use by other users, use the System Variable $AAApplicationPath$ .
Upload or download dependent files
All dependent files are automatically uploaded or downloaded from the Control Room.