Using the package SDK
These example topics provide a basic understanding of how to use the Package SDK with Automation 360. Each SDK package includes a collection of configurable files that you can use to build a custom package, and then use the package to create TaskBots.
Use the following steps to create, configure, and build an IntelliJ project to compile a new package, and then create a bot to test the package you created.
Download, extract, and review the Package SDK files:
- Download the latest Automation Anywhere A2019 Package SDK.
- Go to your Downloads folder, right-click your downloaded Package SDK, and select Extract All.
- Review all the files included in the package. You can drop any java file in your IntelliJ project to view or edit the content.
Install the latest Automation 360 version:
- After the installation, log in to the Control Room with an admin privilege and create a new user with permissions to upload a package and create bots.
- Connect your local device to the Control Room. If required, download and install the latest Bot agent.
- Install Java SE Development Kit 11 or IntelliJ IDE Community Edition and Gradle plug-in.
- Configure the sample build files in the IntelliJ project.
- Create a new directory, package, and class.
- Use the compiled JAR file as a package and upload it to your Control Room in Automation 360.
- Create a TaskBot to test the new package.
- 可选： Verify the results, and if required, add additional actions to your bot flow, and configure parameters and values.
View additional resources.
To learn more, search for the Package SDK: How to examples.