Control Room log files
Various types of information about the Control Room are captured in different log files. You can analyze these log files when the Control Room or a bot encounters an error and identify the root cause for that error.
The log files capture information about the errors encountered by various components of the Control Room such as the Bot Store, devices, and license. You can use the information in the log files to identify the root cause of an error and resolve that error.
Log file locations
The Control Room log files are available at C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\Logs on the machine on which you have installed the Control Room. The log files are named WebCR_<COMPONENT-NAME>, for example, WebCR_BotStore, WebCR_Devices, and WebCR_License.
You can refer the following log files for the Control Room.
- Contains log entries related to the initialization of the Control Room and messages, if any.
- Contains log entries related to the user management module.
- Contains log entries related to the Apache Ignite or caching system.
- Contains log entries of the server repository related functions.
- Contains log entries of Credential Vault related function calls.
- Contains log entries related to the Hibernate system, ORM mapping and Query system, ActiveMQ messaging subsystem, and so on.
On the Bot Runner machine (on which the Bot agent is installed), the log files are available at C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\BotRunner\Logs. You can refer the following log files for the Bot Runner machine.
- Contains log entry details of the interaction with the Bot agent and the log entry of every message sent to the Bot agent.
- Contains log entry details of the bots that are deployed on this machine.
- Contains log entry details of any triggering activities that occur in bots with triggers.
The corresponding configuration XML files are available at C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Bot Agent\config.