Create device pools
Create a device pool with a unique name and add Unattended Bot Runners to the device pool. To create device pools, an Control Room administrator grants the Create device pools feature permission and assigns the AAE_Pool Admin role.
- You can add only those Unattended Bot Runners that are not part of any other pool and are not associated with any role.
- If the device associated with the Unattended Bot Runner is added to the device pool, you can only use the Run bot with queue option to run bots on that device. You cannot create a device pool comprising of Attended Bot Runners.
- You can add Control Room user roles as consumers. Only users with these roles can use the pool for any automation.
To create a device pool, do the following:
- Click Devices.
Click Create device pool on the top right of the
Tip: If no device pools are available, click the create a device pool link in the My Device Pool page.The Create device pool page appears.
Enter a valid device pool name.
For example, you can create a Finance Automation pool that can run all finance-related automations on Unattended Bot Runners from the finance department.
Select Unattended Bot Runners from the list.
This list shows only the devices with Unattended Bot Runner licenses.Restriction: Unattended Bot Runners that are a part of other device pools are disabled for selection.
Add the Unattended Bot Runner(s) to the
Selected devices list.
Tip: Click the left arrow button to remove the Bot Runner from the Selected devices list.
Subsequently, grant permissions to view, edit, and delete the device pool to the
other Control Room users:
- Click Next to select the Device Pool Owners.
Select user(s) from the Available users list.
Tip: Search the list of users based on their Username, First name, or Last name.Note: You must have the View user basic permission to view information about other users in order to add them as Device Pool Owners.
Click the right arrow button
The user appears in the Selected users list.Note: The device pool creator is listed as the default owner of the pool.
Click the left arrow button to remove the user from the Selected
Restriction: You cannot remove the device pool creator.
Click Next to select the Device
Do this step so that the device pool consumers can view the device pool when they run the automation.
Select a Role from the Available roles list.
Tip: Search for a role name.
Click the right arrow button.
The user appears in the Selected roles list.Tip: Click the left arrow button to remove the user from the Selected roles list.
- Select a Role from the Available roles list.
Click Create Device Pool.
The device pools for which you have consumer privileges are listed in the My Device Pools page.