Configuring and using dual Enterprise Clients
When the Enterprise Client Version 11.3 is installed in parallel with Enterprise client Version 10.x, a duplicate installation footprint exists. If you view the Microsoft Windows Task Manager, you see two sets of services.
- Separate application path for Enterprise Client v11.3
- To avoid accidental overwriting of Version 10.x bots, Enterprise Client Version 11.3 points to a different application path.
- The Version 11.3 application path is by default the My
Documents folder, for example,
D:\username\My Documents\AAE_V11\Automation Anywhere Files.
- The Version 11.3 application path is empty.
- Action:: Manually copy the bots from the Version 10.x application path into the Version 11.3 application path. This allows the Version 11.3 Enterprise Client to locate and test the bots.
- Separate configuration path for Enterprise Client Version 11.3
- To avoid overwriting theEnterprise Client Version 10.x configuration, Enterprise Client Version 11.3 points to a different configuration path.
A new folder named
v11is created inside the Version 10.x configuration path. This sub-folder stores the Version 11.3 configuration. For example:
If the current Version 10.x configuration path is:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Automation Anywhere Client Files
The Version 11.3 configuration path is:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Automation Anywhere Client Files\v11.
- Because the configuration path is different, none of the existing Version 10.x schedules, triggers, or Auto login settings are imported.
- Action: Manually add the Auto login settings in the Version 11.3 Enterprise Client, select . Also, create your schedules and triggers in Version 11.3.
- Use only one version of Enterprise Client at a time.
- To switch from one Enterprise Client version to another, exit the
currently open version, then start the other version. To exit:
- In the Microsoft Windows Taskbar, right-click the Automation Anywhere icon .
- Click Exit.
- Create and play bots
Bots created in a lower version can run in higher versions.
- Bots created in Enterprise Client Version 10.x can be edited and played in Enterprise Client Version 11.3.
- Bots created in Enterprise Client Version 11.3 cannot be edited and played in Enterprise Client Version 10.x.
- Deploy bots one at a time
- Deploy a bot from a matching Control Room to
the same version Enterprise Client.
- From Control Room Version 10.x to Enterprise Client Version 10.x.
- From Control Room Version 11.3 to Enterprise Client Version 11.3.
Bots cannot be deployed from one version Control Room to another version Enterprise Client or from one version Enterprise Client to another version Control Room.