The Set Text action in the Object Cloning command sets the contents of a control: it replaces the previous content with the
If you configure Set Text with internal delay, it selects the
object at the recorded location, performs a Left Click
action, and performs the keystrokes. The Left Click action is
performed in accordance with the location of the object.
- If the object location changes, the Left Click position
is automatically calculated and the actions are performed.
- If the dimensions of the object change, the action will be performed at the
- If the Left Click point is outside the object dimension,
then the action will be performed in the center, and the recorded point will be
This task shows how to use the Set Text option of the Object Cloning command to sign in to an email account by
entering the user credentials.
Double-click or drag the Object Cloning command to the
In the Object Cloning window, select Sign in
- Google accounts. Verify that the target browser session is
open in its own window.
With the Object Cloning window open, click and hold the
Capture button. While still holding the left mouse
button, highlight the Email or phone field until a red
border blinks around it. Now release the button.
In the Select Action to Perform drop-down list, select
In the Text to Set field, enter the email address
Set Delay to 100.
Use the following delays if the
control is locked by an external script:
- Configure a Delay of 50 when you use
Set Text on desktop-based
- Configure a Delay of 100 when you use
Set Text on web-based applications.
Repeat steps 1
to capture the Next