Build a basic MetaBot to automate input to a web page using the Enterprise Client
MetaBots encapsulate assets and logic to do common processes and tasks. Different MetaBots can be used by different TaskBots, thereby providing a reusable library of functions.
Important: Verify that MyFirstTaskBot.atmx is complete and fully functional.
Complete each of the subtasks in the order they are listed:
- Step 1: Create a basic MetaBot
- Build a MetaBot in this task. This MetaBot takes parameters (data) from a TaskBot and adds the data to a web form.
- Step 2: Add an asset to a MetaBot
- Add screens, DLLs, and folders as assets to MetaBots.
- Step 3: Create Logic for a MetaBot
- You must add Logic to MetaBots to manage the assets and make the functionality available for use by other bots.
- Step 4: Import data to a MetaBot
- Import data from variables to fill in the fields of a web page.
- Step 5: Replace task steps with a MetaBot
- Use MetaBots to encapsulate assets and logic to do common processes and tasks. MetaBots are reusable by other bots, allowing Bot developers to create a library of MetaBots for reuse.
- Step 6: Verify a basic MetaBot
- Run a bot from the Workbench to verify everything works as expected.