Use this command to automate the typing of keystrokes in English, German, French,
Italian, or Spanish characters.
- Select Window drop-down list
- Select the title of the application in which you want to type keystrokes.
- If the window is running but does not appear in the list, click
- Applications that you have already referenced in the TaskBot / MetaBot Logic are listed at the top of the drop-down list.
Applications that are currently open are listed below the dotted line.
- For applications that change titles:
- If the name of the application window title changes over time, insert a
wild card character (*) at the start or end of the window title. This
ensures that the application is consistently found when running the
- For example, to ensure the Microsoft Excel application is always found, use
'Microsoft Excel*' or '*Excel' or '*Excel*'.
- Keystrokes text box
- Type or Copy-Paste the text.
- To insert special keystrokes such as Control,
Shift, or Tab, select the button
below Special Keystrokes.
- For example, if you want the TaskBot / MetaBot
Logic to type
Ctrl + C in an application, click Ctrl
C, then click Ctrl
Up. The Keystrokes window displays: [CTRL DOWN]c[CTRL
- Keystroke Encryption check box
- Select the check box to prevent your TaskBot / MetaBot Logics from being altered by unauthorized users. This option
hides sensitive information or passwords that are typed using the Keystrokes
- Add a delay
- The default delay is 0 (Zero) milliseconds.