Bot Runner overview
The Bot Runner is the software machine that runs bots. When a bot is created using Bot Creator, then Bot Runners can run bots at scale.
A Bot Runner has the permission to run bots using the Enterprise Client application from a device. After the Bot Runner user logs in the first time, the device is registered with the Control Room and the user can deploy bots on that device.
Bot Runner Desktop Components provide the following interfaces for users to perform tasks:
- Event watcher
- An executable service. See Viewing System Logs.
- Graphical reports that display the status of tasks and workflows, as well as the ROI over time. See What is a Report?.
- bot Player
- Service invoked by the Enterprise Client. See Postupgrade checklist.
Bot Runner Background Services perform the following functions:
- Bots logging into the target machines to perform tasks, using the provided credentials.
- Control Room communications
- Managing communication between the Enterprise Client and Control Room.
- Local scheduler
- Component that runs the bots per the specified schedule on the machine that is local relative to the bot tasks.