Bot Execution Orchestrator API
As a Control Room administrator or a user with View and Manage Scheduled Activity permission, deploy bots and monitor its progress using a set of Enterprise Control Room APIs.
- Request details about files, folders and bots
- Request details about bots, folders, and files by searching by names, relative paths, and ids in the Control Room where they are stored.
- Request device details
- Use this API to retrieve a list of devices that are available for bot deployment.
- Deploy a bot
- Deploy a bot on one or more devices using the bots id and the ids of the BOT_RUNNER devices.
- Request bot progress
- Request bot status by specifying the id for a bot.
High-level process for monitoring and deploying bots
.../v2/repository/file/list: Retrieve the unique bot identification number used to deploy a bot.
.../v2/activity/list: Generate a list of devices (Bot Runners) available for running bots, including the status of the device.
.../v2/automations/deploy: Deploy a bot on multiple devices using the unique bot and device identification numbers.
.../v2/activity/list: Monitor the bot progress based on its unique identification number.
Searchable fields for devices:
- hostName: The host name of the device configured as a Bot Runner. If a naming convention is used for host names, searching on a unique substring in the host name is an effective way to identifies Bot Runner devices.
- userId: The unique numeric identification for a specific user also identifies the Bot Runner device. Unique user naming conventions can be used to identify users and devices that are licensed and configured as Bot Runners.
- name: The unique name of a bot. You can search on the exact name (eq) or a text string (substring) that is contained in the bots name.
- path: The relative path of a folder in the Control Room. You can search on a full path or a substring contained in the path.