Monitoring and alerts
For monitoring and alerting, use built-in Windows functionality.
Windows built-in performance monitor solution
Use the Windows performance counters to capture vital information such as CPU load, memory, and other resources. Use Nagios for performance monitoring in a network environment.
- From Windows, open Performance Monitor.
- Create new data collector set. Then choose a data collector such as CPU, memory, or disk IO.
- In the Alert Box, specify the email address and SMS to be notified up on a failure.
Nagios is a powerful enterprise-grade hardware, network, and server monitor and alert product that provides an instant awareness of your Automation Anywhere IT infrastructure. There are two parts to consider when it comes to monitoring as a strategy:
- (machine, VM, devices, etc.) CPU load, memory pressure, disk space, disk IO, processes, and other system metrics. Machines include, for example, Control Room, BotFarm, and Bot Runner.
- Protocol, uptime, overload, throughput, ping, latency, DNS.
- bot running time, log peek, scheduling service, database service, web server, load balancing, log truncation.
- Sends an email to administrator or IT team upon critical/important events.
- Sends a text message upon critical events.
- Custom script
- Alerting logic can highly be customized based on several properties. For example, an escalation can be setup based on severity, time, etc.