Control Room installation
- Mis à jour : 2021/10/19
Control Room installation
Review the installation core tasks and topics for installing Enterprise Control Room in a data center on an on-premise server or a cloud service provider server instance.
The Control Room provides centralized management for digital
workforce. Interface for Bot Insight. It is deployed on a server in a
data center. The installer executable,
included in the
Automation_Anywhere_Setup.zip file download.
Control Room installation core tasks
- Step 1: Pre-installation
- Review and verify the requirements and options before installing Control Room.
- Enterprise 11 Control Room prerequisites
- Verify the hardware, software, and configuration required to install Control Room. Confirm the data center is configured to support the Control Room and its functions.
- Control Room installation wizard checklist
- Prepare your responses for the list of fields and options presented when you run the Control Room installer wizard.
- Step 2: Installation
The Control Room installer allows you to select installation modes (Express or Custom), and during the installation process, it also installs missing software dependencies.
Use Custom mode to install on a cloud-based platform such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services.
- Enterprise 11: Installing Control Room using Express mode
- Log in to the server as Administrator, and install Automation Anywhere Control Room in Express mode using the default settings.
- Enterprise 11: Installing Control Room using Custom mode
- Login to the server as Administrator, and install Automation Anywhere Control Room in Custom Mode to select installation and configuration options, including installing non-default requirements. Select this mode for data center deployment.
- Enterprise 11: Installing Control Room on Microsoft Azure
- From Microsoft Azure, log in to a server instance as Administrator. Then start the Control Room installer and select Custom mode.
- Enterprise 11: Installing Control Room on Amazon Web Services
- Log in to an Amazon Web Services (AWS) server instance as Administrator. Then download and start the Control Room installer and select Custom mode.
- Enterprise 11: Installing Control Room on Google Cloud Platform
- Login to a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) server instance as Administrator. Then download and start the Control Room installer and select Custom mode.
- Installing Control Room using scripts
- Silent Control Room installation, also known as unattended installation, uses a customized PowerShell script for a full setup or the command line for a hot fix patch. Silent installation runs the entire installation process in the background without requiring user interaction or displaying messages.
- Step 3: Post-installation
- Enterprise 11: Configure post installation settings
- After you finish installing the Control Room and Enterprise Client, ensure the following items are configured. These configuration settings ensure timely Automation Anywhere communications.
- Enterprise 11: Verifying Automation Anywhere Windows services
- Automation Anywhere specific Windows services are installed when the Control Room is deployed.
- Configuring Control Room for HTTPS self-signed certificate
- Configure Enterprise Control Room for HTTPS mode using a self-signed certificate either before or after doing a custom Control Room configuration.
- Enterprise 11: Configure Control Room authentication options
- The options for launching the Control Room for the first time depend on the installation mode and, for Custom mode installation, the authentication method.
- Enterprise 11: Configuring Access Manager Reverse Proxy
- Configure an Access Manager Reverse Proxy server, such as IBM WebSEAL, to enable secure communication, using mutual authentication between the Enterprise Client and the Control Room
- Configuring for IQ Bot versions
versions of IQ Bot you need to adjust configuration in the
ignite.tls.disableparameters, or both, as needed.
- Step 4: Validation
- Enterprise 11: Installing a license
- A Control Room administrator or a user with license management permission can install a license and evaluate the latest version.
- Enterprise Client installation
- Review the installation core tasks and topics for installing Enterprise Client on any machine running a supported operating system.