Select Item By Text action with combo box
If the Select Item By Text action does not work in the Object Cloning command with the combo box, use the workarounds to perform the action.
Before you start
Before performing the workarounds, ensure that the application is opened in maximize mode.
Workaround 1: Using the Object Cloning commandTo select an item from a combo box based on its text, perform the following steps:
- Expand the combo box by using one of the methods listed in the Expand action.
- Get a count of the total number of items available in the combo box using the Get Total Items action of the Object Cloning command, and store the value in a variable.
- Search for the item you want to select from the combo box. Use the IF/ELSE command to perform the following steps for each
item in the combo box using the variable that contains the count:
- Get the Name of each item in the combo box using Get Property and store it in a variable. Compare it with the variable that contains the value you want to select.
- Exit the loop if the value you want to select matches the name of an item, or use the Key Down option from the Insert Keystrokes command to continue with the next iteration.