Import DataSet command
Use this command to insert huge amounts of data from a single source.
You can insert data into various fields from an external file such as an Excel spreadsheet using single command. It enables you to create logic that would otherwise involve numerous keystrokes and clicks.
Supported Technologies and Controls
Import Dataset command supports the following technologies:
Import Dataset command supports the following controls and actions:
- Static Text (label) - GetProperty, Click, LeftClick, RightClick, and DoubleClick
- Text Box - SetText, AppendText, Click, LeftClick, RightClick, and DoubleClick
- Radio Button - Select, LeftClick, RightClick, and DoubleClick
- Check Box - Check, Uncheck, Toggle, LeftClick, RightClick, and DoubleClick
- Combo Box - SelectItemByText, SelectItemByIndex, LeftClick, RightClick, DoubleClick, and Expand
- List View - SelectItemByText, SelectItemByIndex, LeftClick, RightClick, and DoubleClick
- Buttons - LeftClick
Import Data to an application
You can configure the Import Dataset command from Workbench → Commands.
- Create a Screen using required application.
- Configure the Screen for required parameters. Object properties configurationTip: If an object does not display or displays an unidentifiable text or number, its recommended you provide an alias to that object during Screen configuration.
- In the Logic Editor, select Import Dataset from the Commands list.
Start filling in details using a combination of variables, text and controls. Unless a field is populated, you cannot move to the next.Note: All the objects which are not selected for automation execution are disabled by default. To enter value in those, click the check box in Write column.
You can use either the direct assignment of variable (assign a Value) or indirect assignment (assign value from a text document).
For variables that make use of credentials or any sensitive data, use Credential Variables. Select the required variable listed under $CredentialVariables$ from Insert Variables. Refer the article Assigning Credential Variables for details.
You can choose to create a variable, if not present when inserting one. In the Value field, press function key F2 to launch Insert Variable dialog. Click New to create a variable.
You can also insert object values using the properties window. To configure additional properties such as delay, search criteria etc, double-click anywhere on the corresponding object row and update the properties.
- Select Action that needs to be performed during Logic execution. This can be changed if required.
- Optionally Insert Keystrokes or Mask the keystrokes
- Type the required text in Enter Text
- In Advanced Options specify:
- Wait time for the object to exist. This can be changed if required.
- Optionally view the Object Properties which will be used to execute the command
- Save or Update if in edit mode.
- By default, all fields are displayed. Once you select fields for inserting values, and you open in edit mode after saving only those are shown. To view all click Show All.
- You can also choose to change the sequence in which the object values will be filled when automation is executed. For this you must click . This is the default state. To lock the sequence, click . This ensures the sequence is not changed.
- The data that is visible can be filtered on Type and sorted on Type and Entry columns.
Your logic will reflect the Import Dataset command in the event data.
- Save. Tip: The Save button is disabled until all object values that are selected for Write are filled.
It is a best practice to Calibrate Screens that are used for Import Dataset command if the application is subject to frequent updates. These would affect the MetaBot during execution.