Tour of the Workbench
The Workbench provides all the tools required for building, customizing, and enhancing automated processes using drag-and-drop operations.
- Actions buttons: Create, Record, Run, or Save Task Bot and MetaBot logic. Users can also debug and set
The Record, Enable Debugging, and Set SnapPoints options in the Workbench are not available for a protected bot.
- Actions List: Shows multiple Task Bot and MetaBot Logics side by side using the tabs at the top of the Actions list to
enable users to copy and paste commands between multiple Task Bot and MetaBot Logics.
At low screen resolutions, the Undo, Redo, Edit, Delete, Copy, and Paste buttons might not appear correctly. To do those actions at a low resolution, use the Actions menu.Use the Normal, Visualize, and Analyze tabs to switch views for Task Bot details:
- Normal: Screenshot view of the task.
- Visualize: Flowchart of the task process.
- Analyze: Bot Insight dashboard for data analysis.
- The Normal, Visualize, and Analyze tabs are not available for MetaBot Logic.
- You can not view, add, edit, copy, paste, or delete the commands of the protected bot and the commands list is not shown in the Actions List screen.
The Visualize tab does not display snappoints or images captured during recording for protected bots. Instead the following message is shown:
You cannot set SnapPoints or visualize the images of this bot as it is protected however you can view or edit the variables value and/or view the bot dependencies only.
- Filters: Enables you to customize your view of the Workbench to focus on
specific commands in an automation. This is helpful for managing long tasks. Note:
- Filters are available only for Task Bots.
- The Filters options is not available for a protected bot.
- Error view: Manages errors that might occur in a task. The panel is
automatically updated when commands are added and edited.
The Error View does not show the actions for protected bots.
- Variable manager: Shows user-defined
variables that you can use in automation tasks. Use this panel to
Copy, Paste, and
Delete variables.For a protected bot, you cannot:
- Add any new variables or edit existing variable attributes using Add and Edit options.
- Paste variables in the protected bot that are copied from another Task Bot.
- Delete any existing variables using the Delete option.
- Bot dependencies: Exports Task Bot-dependent files and
automatically uploads them to the Control Room for deployment
when the Task Bot is running.
Automation Anywhere supports the following file types: atmx, bmp, csv, doc, docx, exe, jpg, pdf, pkx, png, mdb, txt, xls, xlsx, and xml.
The Bot Dependencies of the protected bot are visible. However, you cannot add, edit or delete any of the bot dependencies.
- Commands panel: Holds
of commands to build and edit Task Bot and MetaBot Logics. Drag, drop, move, and edit these commands in
the Actions List panel.The Commands panel supports arrows (↓↑←→), Tab, and Enter keys to insert commands.Tip: Type the first letter of a command to highlight it in the list.