Customize Control Room installation on Amazon Web Services
Install and apply the customized configuration required for the Control Room cluster on Amazon Web Services (AWS) after completing initial preparations.
- Login to the first AWS instance as an Administrator.
Right-click the Automation Anywhere setup file and select Run
The installation process checks for supported operating system and for minimum hardware requirements and shows the following message if the requirements are not met:
This system does not meet the minimum OS or hardware requirements for installing Automation Anywhere Enterprise. If you continue installation, some of the product features might not work as expected. NOTE: Refer Control Room Installation Prerequisites topic for minimum system requirements.
Click Next in the Welcome to the Setup
The installation process checks the availability of the following components:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package
- Microsoft OLEDB Driver for SQL Server
Accept the licensing agreement and click Next.
The Installation Prerequisite Check screen is shown.
Select the Custom option and click
The Destination Folder screen appears. By default, the destination folder is C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Enterprise\.
To make changes to the destination folder, click
Change..., supply new destination folder name, and
Note: It is NOT recommended to install the application directly in the root directory (C:\). Create or select a folder for installation instead, for instance C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Enterprise\.
- Click Next to configure the IP cluster.
Enable Cluster Setup.
If the machine on which the installation is being run has local IP addresses configured, this check box is selected by default.To install the Control Room without a cluster, clear the Enable Cluster Setup check box.
Enter the Cluster IP addresses of the nodes for the
Important: After configuration, you cannot remove nodes from the list of IP addresses.
- List the IP addresses in the cluster.
- Use a comma (,) to specify more than one IP address. For example, to
specify three IP addresses in the cluster, enter:
Install the Control Room on nodes in the order listed. Ensure that the IP addresses are entered in the same order in each of the nodes. This order cannot be changed later. Installation fails if you do not enter the IP addresses in the same order.
- Install the Control Room on the cluster nodes in the same
order as the listed IP addresses.
Ensure that the same version of the Control Room is installed on all the cluster nodes.
- If a new node is added, add it to the end of the list of IP addresses. For example: ipaddress1, ipaddress2, newipaddress3
- If you Enable Cluster Setup and do not enter an IP address, an error message is displayed.
- If you supply invalid numbers or characters, an error message is displayed.
- Click Next to configure the application Transport Layer Security (TLS).
The TLS Configuration screen displays where you can
- Generate a Self-Signed Certificate
When the Self-Signed Certificate option is enabled, the installer generates a unique private key and a self-signed certificate for the Control Room.
- Import a Certificate
To import a custom certificate, disable the Self Signed Certificate check box and use the Certificate Path field to import a certificate.Note: The certificate file must be in the PKCS12 format.Provide the following information:
Certificate Path: Click the Browse button to import the certificate.
Private Key Password: Type the password for the private key.Warning: Password Limitation: Do not use "@" in passwords. Using the special character "@" in the password causes the certificate file import to fail.
- Webserver Port: Type the Webserver port –
either HTTP or HTTPS. If the port is already assigned, an error
message displays.Attention: The port validation message is also displayed when you add 8080 for Webserver and if that is already in use for Control Room license service. Use a different unassigned port in above cases.
- Enable Force HTTP traffic to HTTPS: To redirect all HTTP port requests to HTTPS. To access the Control Room via HTTPS using the generated self-signed certificate. Ensure the port number is different for both.
- Generate a Self-Signed Certificate
- Click Next to configure the service credentials.
The Service Credentials screen displays where you can
choose from the listed options.
The Windows Service credentials include a user name and password. The user specified needs to:
- Be a member of the local system administrator group.
- Have permission to manage services, including Automation Anywhere services.
- To avoid any failure of Control Room services, ensure that windows service account is always included in the Administrator group.
- For Microsoft Azure installations, the service account user needs to have read/write access to the remote Microsoft Azure repository share path.
The these service credentials are used to create database tables and allow the Control Room processes to access the database and repository.
- Local System Account—(default) The logged on user performing the installation.
- Domain Account—Specify a user that
is not the local system account user.
- Clear the Local System Account check box.
- Enter the user name and password for the domain account. Attention: Your service authentication password cannot include a space, semicolon (;), percent (%), or backslash (\). Also, the first character cannot be a minus sign (-) or forward slash (/), and you must include at least one alphabetical character. Change your password before the Control Room installation.
Reasons and requirements for using a domain account user include:
- Do not use the Windows domain credentials.
Enter credentials valid for running Automation Anywhere services, or the Control Room fails to launch.
- PowerShell script restrictions.
Specify a user with permissions to launch PowerShell scripts, that is not a Windows domain user, or database table creation can fail.
- Remote PostgreSQL Server for creating the
Specify a domain user account. Do not use the local system account user when you are using a remote database server for creating the database.
Add the SQL Server and click Next.
Select Microsoft SQL Server, type the Name, and click Next.For more information, see Configure the Bot Insight database.
Launch Automation Anywhere is enabled by default.The Control Room launches in your default browser with the Configure Control Room settings page displayed.Enable Show installer settings to open the aae-installsummary.html file. By default, this is located at C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere\Enterprise\. Use this file to view a summary of the installation.