Extracting Regular Web Data
Complete the steps to extract regular data from a web site.
- In the Automation Anywhere main window, launch the Web Recorder
in one of the following ways:
- Click the New button and select Web Recorder.
- Click the Web Recorder link at the top.
- Select .
The initial Web Recorder window opens.
- Enter the website address (URL) from which you want to extract data, and click
The program displays the Web Recorder Tip window:
Optionally, select Don't show this message again to not have the program display the tip.
The Web Recorder Toolbar opens, and Internet Explorer is launched in a new window with the specified website.Note: This feature works with Internet Explorer only.
- You can now perform any actions you like, including mouse clicks and text entry.
When you need to extract regular data from the website, click the Extract
Data button on the Web Recorder toolbar.
The Extract Data Option window is displayed.
- Select the Regular Data radio button and click Next.
- You can now highlight the data you want to extract.
- After highlighting the text, the Extract Data window opens, and contains the text you selected.
- Save this copied text to an existing variable in your task.
- Optionally, save the control URL either as a new variable or to an existing variable in your task.
- You can also assign Before and After Keywords for extracting data.
- Click Save.
- Click the Stop Recording button on the Web Recorder toolbar.
- The Save Task window pops-up, wherein you can specify a task name. Optionally select a folder in which to save the task and click Save. You can also optionally specify a password to prevent the task from being run by unauthorized users.
- Click Save.